2017 Stella Wilson Memorial Scholarship
TOUCH will be awarding one $500 scholarship to one eligible student through the Stella Wilson Memorial Scholarship. Applicants must meet the below eligibility requirements.
- Have a congenital heart defect or acquired heart disease.
- Must be a patient of the Congenital Heart Center at Children’s Hospital of Illinois.
- Must be a high school senior or enrolled college student.
- Complete the Application and required supporting documents.
- Complete the 2017 Stella Wilson Memorial Scholarship Application. (click here to download).
- Provide a separate essay providing a brief history about yourself, your goals and aspirations for your future, and why you should receive this scholarship. The essay must be typed, double spaced, and 2 pages or less.
- Provide two (2) letters of recommendation. One (1) letter of recommendation is required from a teacher or school counselor and be on your school’s letterhead. One (1) letter of recommendation is from a person of your choice.
Send Applications and supporting documentation to:
c/o Congenital Heart Center
420 NE Glen Oak, Suite 301
Peoria, IL 61603
The selection of the recipient will be determined by the Scholarship Committee. All decisions are final and not subject to dispute or appeal. Supporting documentation will not be returned. For questions regarding the Stella Wilson Memorial Scholarship Program contact Gail Eaton at 309-655-2650 or
All applications and supporting documents must be received on or before April 1, 2017.